Thursday, March 31, 2011

Review #4: Bogez Abode

A few weeks ago I had the distinct pleasure of inviting myself over to J---- Bogle's house. It's quite a place- like a Swedish hunting lodge in the middle of Calgary. Or half of an old estate house. Seriously, there's a shit ton of animals heads on the walls. It's one of those houses where even though the interior is huge, you know theres a bunch of secret rooms filled with dusty relics in the basement. On the door is a plaque from the 17th century or something that says Dr. L---- B-----, Physician and Surgeon. They let me play one of the guitars that was lying around- Led Zeppelin lived in a mansion that I imagine looked like the Boge Abode(I'm still working on my 'stairway').This is a house where some serious cool stuff probably goes down. Hopefully I can invite myself over again sometime. The hosts, J--- and her roommate, were crazy welcoming. They plied us with beer left over from some party (which I wasn't invited to) and let my pal Suzie drape herself rather douchily in furs (pics pending permission).

Atmosphere: Old, in a good way.
People: Friendly and accommodating.
Price: It made me think unfavourably of my own humble abode. Envy?
Food: I think there were some yam fries going around.
Overall: an honestly solid house. For some reason it seemed very Scandinavian. And check this: they have a hot tub. A+

1 comment:

Johnny B said...

Can we get a southside vs northside 10th st bridge beverledge shootout?