Thursday, March 10, 2011

Rveview #2: Robert's Hollow

Robert's Hollow is an alright place to spend the early evening hours of a Saturday getting all up in what is commonly called 'pre-gaming'. It's in Mission, a neighborhood usually considered pretty hip by people who know DJ's personally or how to make their own hummus. I'll give credit where credit's due: it's a pretty balling pad. It's above a store or a restaurant or something, like 'flats' in London probably are. I've spent a night or two on the reasonably soft shag carpet, with nary a regret. Good music, good hospitality.

Atmosphere: festive at night, generally subdued by morning
People: of the highest pedigree
Price: it's BYOB, so like 5.99 or whatever TNT costs
Food: I've never been offered any
Overall: hard to say- I didn't see a hot tub, and I don't think there's free wireless. I give it a B/B-, with a lot of potential to improve

No comments: